Saturday 16 June 2012

Holy Holes Batman!

Today, I started on the body.

Went to Bunnings, sus'ed out what can be used for the Splitter. Plywood I guess.

I've been hearing that I should use anywhere from 12mm to 7mm.

The Marine Grade 7mm seems to be pretty stiff but was told that Bunnings can't get that in the large sheets that I need. Then again, do I really want to spend that much? Nah, I reckon the non structural 12mm plywood would do the trick - $30...I'll pick it up another day.

So while I was at Bunnings, I picked this up to do some general cutting. Have to trim some bumper and fender bits and having destroyed a couple of rotary tool already (including a dremel - which just couldn't take the heat from trimming fibre glass fenders.).


This tool worked like a dream.

I went from this...

To a little bit cleaned up and trimmed - this

Then I looked over my shoulder and noticed my new set of hole drills..*Uh-Oh*

So, I ended up with this...I guess there's gonna be some ppl who will not like this...  :-p


That should get enough air into the radiator. Have removed the lower lip as well as its not going to be needed when the splitter comes on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the brakes.

The current position of the reservoirs have always bugged me.Actually, the way the lines ran from the reservoirs to the master cylinders have always bugged me.



Because the supplied lines were a bit long, in its current position, it kinda looped to around the same height of the reservoir.


Rightly or wrong, I just had this feeling that the way its position could impede flow into the reservoir.

So had a long hard think about where to mount, well, I had the new saw tool anyway..soooo....






Solves the issue on the piping as well as keeping the reservoirs up high. Have already been told it looks dumb..but meh...don't give a flying f..k.












No comments:

Post a Comment